7artisans Photoelectric 28mm f/1.4 Overview
A refined wide-angle prime, the 28mm f/1.4 from 7artisans Photoelectric offers both a flexible field of view along with a fast design. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture offers increased control over depth of field and also suits working in difficult lighting conditions. Complementing this is an advanced optical design that includes aspherical, high refractive index, and extra-low dispersion glass elements to control a variety of aberrations for increased sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. A multi-layer coating also contributes to reducing flare and ghosting for improved contrast when working in bright and backlit situations. Balancing the optical merits, this lens's manual focusing design affords a 2.3' minimum focusing distance and a 13-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Wide-angle 28mm prime designed for full-frame and 35mm Leica M-mount rangefinder cameras.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture affords control over depth of field and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- One double-sided aspherical element and three high refractive index elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations in order to achieve greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements control color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to realize improved color accuracy and clarity.
- Individual elements feature a multi-layer coating to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 2.3' away.
- Engraved focus distance and depth of field scales benefit working with pre-focus and hyperfocal focusing techniques.
- Rounded 13-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.