The Konica C35 of 1968 is a 35mm camera and first of a series of four cameras from Konishiroku that are dealt with in this article, the others being the C35 V (C35 E&L), C35 Automatic (C35 Flashmatic), and Auto S3 (C35FD). The Konica C35 EF is dealt with in another article.
The Konica C35 was the first of a number of compact cameras that swept the marketplace in the early seventies. Cameras from other Japanese companies introduced after 1970 show its importance and influence. Its appeal to the general public was obvious from the start: it was a compact, light and simple to use camera with an excellent lens that was distinctly wider than average for the time and that took good photographs because it could be focused accurately. It was an outstanding sales success throughout the world.
Konishiroku may at first seem a mere follower of fashion, updating the design theme of the compact Minolta Minoltina S and Olympus Trip 35, or even its own Konica Eye of 1964. However, the C35 was much more than an update: it brought together a number of other desirable design strands into one camera, not simply light weight and compact size, but a CdS meter in the lens mount (eliminating worries about filter correction factors), a rangefinder (except C35 V, C35 E&L) and most importantly of all, the simple operation of "auto only" exposure.
There are three versions of the modestly-priced C35:
1. Konica C35 (1968 - Silver 1969 - black)
2. The non-rangefinder Konica C35 V (1971 - silver), known in Japan as the Konica C35 E&L
3. The Konica C35 Automatic with a more advanced flash control (1971 - silver & black), known in Japan as the Konica C35 Flashmatic
Konica C35 Automatic specifications
This was a later version of the C35 and had "Flashmatic control" and is identified by the "Automatic" badge. When the battery goes dead, it will still function with the shutter speed defaulting to 1/30th of a second and the aperture wide open at f/2.8.
- Available in silver or black
- 38mm f2.8 four-element Hexanon lens - 46mm filter thread
- Coupled Rangefinder (device)rangefinder - baseline 12mm
- CdS meter (19-27 DIN, 25-400 ASA)
- Self timer
- Closest focus - 1m, 3.3ft
- Copal B mat programmed shutter
- Combined aperture/shutter blades
- Speeds 1/30 to 1/650
- Lever wind, double exposure prevention, resetting frame counter
- Bright line finder
- Needle indication of shutter speed and aperture visible on right hand side of viewfinder
- Width 112mm (actual 120mm with strap lugs) Height - claimed 70mm (actual 75mm) - Depth 52mm
- Weight 380g (13.4 oz)
Product ($249) SN: **6719
Condition: Like New (LN)
Warranty: No Warranty (Film Cameras Sold As It Is)
What You Will Get
- Strap Lugs / Wrist Strap
- Original Leather Case
Customers are solely responsible for confirming with us about the availability of the items before coming down to our store to make a purchase. By making an enquiry, it would thus signify that you have understood the terms.
All products sold are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE unless otherwise stated. All prices are also FIXED and we do not entertain any attempts to negotiate. PM to check stock before coming down!
Return and Refund Policy
Strictly Non-Refundable nor Exchangeable.
Proceed to the store during opening hours for purchase.
BLACK MARKET CAMERA
Peninsula Shopping Centre #03-30/31/32
(NOT Peninsula Plaza/Next to Excelsior Hotel)
Opening hours: 12.30pm-7.45pm (Mon-Sat) 2pm-6pm (Sun)
Mobile: +65 82237153 (Whatsapp ONLY)
Next to Funan Mall / Nearest MRT: City Hall MRT