The Pentax ES II was announced by Asahi in 1973 as an improved version of the Pentax ES. Rather few features are different from the earlier model:
- A delayed-action (self-timer) is added, which can be cancelled by returning the lever to its normal position.
- Although the AE (electronically timed) and manual (mechanical) shutter speed ranges are the same as in the ES, the full range of speeds (up to 8 seconds) can be displayed in the viewfinder (the ES gave electronically-timed exposures up to 8 seconds, but the scale in the VF only went to 1 second).
- The metering sensitivity is the same, but allows the film speed to be set up to 3200 ASA (cf 1600 in the ES).
- A locked position is added to the shutter release button.
- The battery is now specified as four S76E (SR44) silver oxide cells, in place of the single 4SR44/PX28A used in the ES. The battery compartment is also moved to the base. The battery check is unchanged (the meter needle should fall below the notch in the middle of the VF scale).
- A viewfinder blind is added. This is closed (for use with the camera away from the eye) by a setting on the shutter speed dial.
- Camera type: 35 mm SLR camera, with through-the-lens aperture priority AE
- Manufacturer: Asahi
- Lens mount: 42mm thread (Pentax-mount)
- Standard lens: 50 mm f/1.4 or 55 mm f/1.8 SMC Takumar
- Mirror: instant return type
- Viewfinder: pentaprism and fresnel focusing screen with central microprism focusing aid, 93% coverage
- Horizontally-running focal plane shutter with electronic or mechanical timing
- In AE, shutter speed is continuously variable from 8 - 1/1000 second
- Mechanically timed shutter speeds 1/60 - 1/1000 second and 'B' can also be set manually
- Self-timer (delayed action) lever for 5-11 second delay; cancellable.
- Shutter cocked by advancing the film (shutter-cocked indicator: red dot in window next to shutter release)
- CdS-activated TTL meter for open-diaphragm or stopped-down metering.
- Sensitivity EV 1-18 at 100 ASA.
- Film speeds 20-3200 ASA can be set.
- Flash synchronisation: Hot shoe (synchronised for X-synch. at 1/60 sec) and separate PC sockets beside lens mount for X- and FP-synch.
- Film advance: Ratchet type rapid wind lever
- Film rewind: folding crank; rewind release button on base
- Depth-of-field preview (and stop-down for stopped-down metering): lever to left of lens mount to be used in preference to the lens' stop-down lever.
- Weight: 678 g (without lens); 930 g with 50 mm f/1.4
Product ($149) SN: ***6110/ ***7921/ ***6469
Condition: Excellent (EX)
Warranty: No Warranty/ Sold As It Is
What You Will Get
- Body Cap
- Strap Lugs
* Add $200 for Pentax SMC Takumar 50mm F1.4 and Super-Takumar 28mm F3.5 Shown in images listed.
**IMAGES FOR ILLUSTRATION ONLY. LENSES AND WINDER SOLD SEPARATELY**
Customers are solely responsible for confirming with us about the availability of the items before coming down to our store to make a purchase. By making an enquiry, it would thus signify that you have understood the terms.
All products sold are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE unless otherwise stated. All prices are also FIXED and we do not entertain any attempts to negotiate.
PM to check stock before coming down!
Return and Refund Policy
Strictly Non-Refundable nor Exchangeable.
Proceed to the store during opening hours for purchase.
Black Market Camera
Peninsula Shopping Centre
(NOT Peninsula Plaza/Next to Excelsior Hotel)
Opening hours: 12.30pm-7.45pm (Mon-Sat) 2pm-6pm (Sun)
Tel: 6336 6349
Next to Funan Mall
Nearest MRT: City Hall MRT