Viltrox 23mm f/1.4 Overview
Characterized by its sleek and versatile design, the Viltrox AF 23mm f/1.4 E is a 35mm-equivalent wide-angle prime lens designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The flexible wide-angle focal length pairs with the bright f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions and also enables enhanced control over depth of field for isolating subject matter using selective focus techniques. The optical design incorporates a pair of extra-low dispersion elements and a pair of high refractive index elements, which combine to suppress a variety of aberrations and produce high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. An HD Nano multi-layer coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast in bright and backlit conditions.
In terms of handling, the compact lens incorporates an STM stepping motor, which produces fast, near-silent, and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design also contributes to quick performance. Additionally, the lens features an integrated micro-USB port for making future firmware updates to the lens.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 35mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Two high refractive index elements help to control spherical aberrations and reduce distortion in order to realize high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- HD Nano multi-layer coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- STM stepping motor enables quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. Additionally, an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use for improved handling and quicker response.
- Integrated manual aperture ring for tactile exposure control; this ring also features an 'A' position for automated, camera-based aperture selection.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated micro-USB port can be used to update the lens's firmware.